Course Description: CNA Acute Care training is a 74-hour program aimed at training certified nursing assistants who under the direct supervision of a qualified healthcare professional will assist in the care of patients in an acute care hospital. The training provided by the course instructor, consists of 26 hours of classroom instruction and 48 hours of skills laboratory and practical applications. The emphasis of the program is mastery of concepts and technical skills.
Acute Care CNAs with six months to one year of work experience may find entry-level employment at acute care hospitals. With specialized training, Acute Care CNAs can also work in a specialty area such as pediatrics, geriatrics, surgery, medicine, obstetrics, orthopedics, and psychiatry.
Course Objectives: At the completion of the program, the graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion and will be able to:
- Demonstrate technical skill competency in an entry level position in acute care hospital setting.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with clients, peers and other members of the health care team.
- Assume responsibility for meeting their own continuing education needs based on the changing health care delivery system and the emerging roles of the health care provider.
Instructor: Lydia Borromeo, LVN, BSN, brings to NCP her wealth of experience as an LVN and over 40+ years of experience as an instructor at Nursing Colleges across the globe. As the newly appointed CNA Program Director, she is truly an incredible mind and valuable asset to the NCP Faculty.
Continuing Education Unit : 42 CE Units
Location: NCP Career College - South San Francisco Campus
257 Longford Dr., South San Francisco, CA 94080
|NCP Career College Fees:
| Registration (non refundable)
Program Fee includes:
- Textbooks will be loaned to the student for the length of the program.
- One set of clinical uniform
Space is limited.
We recommend you register as soon as possible.
South San Francisco Campus:
257 Longford Drive, #5 South San Francisco , CA 94080
21615 Hesperian Blvd. Suite A Hayward, CA 94541
or e-mail us your contactin formation